Experiential Design Strategist (Portland)
A creative technology company that strives to do things differently and purposefully.
Our work is diverse and challenging. One size never fits all, so we look to design and deliver the right solution to the right problem for every client.
We work together to create best-in-class experiences, built on considered strategy and enabled by technology and people.
A global company, connected to an international team. Each of our 3 office locations is producing exciting and innovative projects and technology.
We’re looking for an Experience Design Strategist (UX) to work with our multi-faceted group of designers and developers at our US Headquarters in Portland, Oregon. You will help deliver amazing digital experiences within best-in-class branded environments. You will be well versed in UX methodologies and the human-centric design principals. You’ll also be experienced with complex project requirements and working closely with clients and stakeholders to design the most impactful user experiences.
At Downstream you will:
- Play a critical part in designing branded experiences in the built environment that translate across multiple digital and physical touch-points.
- Facilitate co-design workshops internally and externally to help realize clients’ visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and communicating user experiences.
- Collaborate with diverse experts and advocate the user within the context of complex projects.
- Apply your 5+ years of design strategy experience to amazing interactive experiences within meaningfully branded, physical environments.
- Content strategy activities including project framing, definition of design themes and crafting of experience principals.
- Devise and deliver usability testing on low and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a human-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
- Expect to travel up to 15-20% of the year for client engagements.
What you bring:
- Five or more years of UX design experience in consulting, agency and/or inhouse.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, Sketch, Axure or Adobe CC, and the like. (The most appropriate tools to communicate your design)
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of human-centered design and testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
A few of the perks:
- Working with a dedicated, respectful team of designers, thinkers, developers.
- Regular team lunches and social events.
- Work-life balance within a flexible, professional environment.
- Coffee and bagel bar within fully stocked communal kitchen.
- Studio located in the Pearl District with access to many prime lunch spots.
Invitation to apply:
If working with the best in an exciting and rewarding team environment appeals to you, then we want to hear from you. Please apply with your Cover Letter detailing why you want to work for Downstream and why this role is a relevant fit for you.