AV Systems Engineer (Portland)
Director of Engineering
Downstream is a community of visionary designers, including architects, account managers, production managers, technologists, graphic and content designers and developers. Collectively, we are a company on the forefront of brand communication, reaching around the globe, building compelling brand experiences for some of the biggest and most dynamic companies in the world.
We are a rapidly growing international company with exciting projects that challenge us to consistently seek out new technologies and methodologies to create the impossible.
Primary Job Description:
The AV Systems Engineer will design, document, and coordinate the installation/commissioning of the technical solutions that support interactive systems in built environments. This person will work with the engineering, development, and design teams to ensure both the Downstream and client design intent remains intact throughout project implementation. This person will have in-depth experience in the documentation process of AV systems integration using AutoCad, Visio, Office, and other industry related software.
Must have at least 4-6 years of experience in all of the following:
- AV systems, design and engineering including video arrays, audio and video signal processing and distribution, Crestron/AMX/IP-based control systems
- Edge blending and warping projection
- Touch based interactive displays
- Video over IP and HdBaseT video distribution
- PC, MAC, and Linux OS system configuration
- Must have at least two years experience with AutoCAD
- Excellent written communication and customer service skills
- Collaborate with Downstream design team to integrate technology into the built environment
- Produce design documentation for use in AV system installations, to include schematic signal flow diagrams, bill of materials, facility design drawings, projection geometry details, and detailed wiring diagrams for audio and control systems
- Research and specify hardware solutions for video distribution, video processing, motion tracking, and user interaction
- Develop cost estimates for hardware, system design, and installation
- Provide end-to-end design, implementation, testing and on-site installation, including oversight of AV sub-contractors, and provide client training
- Travel approximately 30-40% of the time is required.
5 Measures of Success in this Position:
- Demonstrate self-initiative to progress a concept into an engineered DD solution with both end-user and internal design team functionality sign-off.
- Develop bid-level engineering sets using AutoCad, Office, manufacturer tools, etc. that only require minimal changes after Director reviews.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor with clients and colleagues on and off site while accepting ownership of oversights without shifting blame.
- Demonstrate technical-solving skills by providing leadership, imitative, recommendations, and modifications to next-steps to provide comparable or enhanced functionality.
- Demonstrate willingness to travel on short notice if all other measures have been taken to resolve an issue or fulfill a requirement.