Technical Coordinator / Jr AV Engineer (Portland)
Director of Engineering
The Technical Coordinator will assist in the design, coordination, and the installation/commissioning of the technical solutions that support interactive systems in built environments. This person will work with the engineering, development, and design team leads to ensure both the Downstream and client design intent remains intact throughout project implementation. This person will gain experience in the documentation process of AV systems integration using AutoCad, Visio, Office, and other industry related software.
Success will be measured in a variety of areas including but not limited to
- Demonstrate self-initiative to progress a design concept into an engineered solution with both end-user and internal design team functionality sign-off.
- Ability to develop bid-level engineering sets using AutoCad, MS Office, manufacturer tools, etc. with minimal oversight and direction.
- Exhibit professional demeanor with clients and colleagues on and off site accepting ownership of areas of responsibility.
- Demonstrate technical problem solving skills by providing leadership, initiative, recommendations, and modifications to the process for comparable or enhanced functionality.
- Willingness to travel on short notice to resolve unforeseen issue that may impact the client experience.
Must have at least 1-2 years of experience in all of the following:
- AV systems including video arrays, audio and video signal processing and distribution
- Edge blending projection
- Touch based interactive displays
- IP networking and signal distribution over CAT5, VTC, and MAC
- PC and Linux OS system configuration
- Willing to pursue AutoCad training for facilitate future documentation creation
- Office desktop support
- Excellent written communication and customer service skills
- Prepare playback workstations for all projects in –house and on-site (Win7/8.1/10, OS X, Linux)
- Facilitate manufacturer relationships, mock-ups, prototyping, hardware demos
- Collaborate with Downstream design team to integrate technology into the built environment
- Help the engineering and drafting staff produce design documentation for use in AV system installations, to include schematic signal flow diagrams, bill of materials, facility design drawings, projection geometry details, and detailed wiring diagrams for audio and control systems
- Research and specify hardware solutions for video distribution, video processing, motion tracking, and user interaction
- Develop cost estimates for hardware, system design, and installation
- Provide end-to-end design, implementation, testing and on-site installation, including oversight of AV sub-contractors, and provide client training
- Travel up to 30-40% of the time is possible.
Downstream is a community of visionary designers, account managers, production managers, technologists, graphic and content designers, and developers. Collectively, we are a company on the forefront of brand communication, reaching around the globe, building compelling brand experiences for some of the biggest and most dynamic companies in the world.